I was looking through my photos from this last year after my birthday this week when I came across the photo on the left. I couldn’t believe it… When did I ever look that big?!? What a difference 6 months can make.
In the second half of 2014 I made several positive changes that helped make the photo on the right possible:
- I started to think positively. I focused on what I could control and I was actively thankful for all of the opportunities I was able to get.
- I started to really consider my health. I quantified each of my activities, my eating, and my goals to ensure I was following through with my mission of being healthier.
- I started to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. No more “super meals” or binges.
- I started counting my calorie intake, tracking my daily activity, and I weighed myself at least twice a week.
- Due to my allergy, I stopped eating anything containing gluten. I stopped drinking soda and caffeine containing beverages. (Did you know that one serving of Apples contains as much energy as a caffeinated cup of coffee?)
I have been humbled to hear from those of you who’ve told me that my progress has inspired you to make positive changes in your lives as well. Please keep sharing your successes in 2015 and I will do the same!
Big things coming in 2015!
First up in 2015 is a change in careers. After 3 years, I left my position at Apple this week. I will be starting a new job later this month and I am excited to try something new (not retail) at another amazing company. I will have more time to focus on my oft-ignored passions as I get my weekends back! (More to come soon.)
I will spend next weekend in D.C. & Baltimore seeing friends, family… AND I finally get to meet my beautiful niece Sadie.
When I get back to Omaha, I immediately go into closing mode. Buying a house was a big part of my “Before I’m 30…” plan and thankfully I found a great home in Westside. I will get the keys in mid-January, so expect renovation photos in late-January and early-February!
One last thing:
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to send me a message, email, or posted a comment over the last year. 2014 started out as a real challenge and it took a lot for me to get to this point. The past six months have meant so much to me, I am more determined to meet my goals than ever, I am sixty pounds lighter, and I am a heck of a lot happier. Thank you all for your continued love and support.
To another year of progress!